- 05-Oct-2016 to 04-Dec-2017 (EST)
- Financial Management
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Immersion Consulting is seeking a leader with a strong accounting/audit background (heavy preference is for DHS/USCG experience).
- Lead project(s) for multiple engagements deploying 12+ accounting specialists supporting a range of accounting policy & procedure/process development, documentation and implementation.
- Provide expert technical accounting guidance to accounting specialists in support of ongoing accounting operations, audit readiness, and analysis and interpretation of financial reports/statements/notes preparations.
- Work closely and collaboratively with multiple government client organizations and subcontractors to ensure proper reporting, including financial statements, notes and ensure quality control of all related products.
- Maintain a highly organized approach and ensure successful delivery and customer service for the team as a whole while mentoring/guiding the team members.
- Study problems related to accounting and financial reporting processes and offer experienced suggestions for process revisions.
- Perform detailed and/or complex research and analysis of general ledger, including but not limited to asset, liability, and suspense accounts.
- Identify and establish accounting process improvement initiatives as well as monitor and appraise the implementation of the improvements.
- Eight (8) or more years of Federal government work experience in accounting operations, policy and procedure development/maintenance, audit and audit readiness, financial management/reporting, and leading a project team.
- Experience working in Department of Homeland Security, Coast Guard or other DHS component business processes, procedures, and toolsets.
- At least three (3) years of experience managing and leading high performing and diverse teams.
- Knowledge of professional accounting principles and practices, appropriations law, procurement regulations, and related regulatory guidance.
- Skill in the use of accounting systems and the manipulation and analysis and presentation of data capturing accounting transactions and adjustments.
- Ability to provide assistance to and / or direct other accountants or accounting specialists.
- Able to multi-task with multiple stakeholders and deliver products that are well crafted and contain sufficient and pertinent content.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Education and Training:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA required.
- Graduate degree preferred (e.g., MA, MPA and/or MBA).
- PMP Certification preferred.
- CGFM and/or CDFM Certification preferred.
Immersion Consulting https://immersioninc.applicantpro.com