- 29-Jul-2016 to 01-Aug-2018 (EST)
- DC, USA
- Full Time
Immersion Consulting is seeking an Instructional Designer capable of meeting the requirement to analyze, design, develop, deliver and evaluate training development metrics and formulate deliverables for federal client. Instructional designer shall provide support and technical advisory assistance services. They shall perform work toward defined project objectives and develop work plans and project internal controls for Immersion's federal client.
As a member of the project team, the instructional designer works within general supervisory guidelines and controls. Generally operates with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions and is assigned as group leader on smaller projects with full responsibility for technical and project direction of work group. The instructional designer may also work independently, or as part of team, with responsibility for analysis of problems, risks, and issues requiring application of a broad spectrum of the knowledge base of the area of instructional development. They will also prepare training development studies, plans, and analyses in support of the task order.
Skills & Experience
- The Instructional Designer shall have at least 5 years of experience delivering training and/or educational courses. This shall include at least 5 years, designing and developing courses for live classroom, webinar and/or online, self-instructional media. Experience with agile development is desired.
- Candidate must possess a degree that included or was supplemented by major field of study in education; or courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a related field appropriate to the position, which included coursework in the areas of instructional technology, planning and evaluating, classroom management, and adult learning.
- Must have experience applying generally-accepted, structured instructional development and evaluation methodologies (e.g., ADDIE model).
- Must have video formatting knowledge via either Camtasia or Captivate.
- Section 508 Compliance knowledge is required.
- Minimum public trust clearance required or ability to acquire one.
Immersion Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.